- As well as helping job creation, economic growth will also provide the platform for improved quality of life. To help this happen, we must ensure that Ireland has the highest possible quality of public services.
- Education, health, local government and general public administration are crucial to our daily lives and are important drivers of economic growth.
- Budget constraints mean that it is difficult to maintain the quality of outcomes. This challenge can be overcome through best practice sharing with the private sector and a more collaborative approach to public service delivery.
To play its part, Ibec will
- Identify and promote best practice in both private and public sector employers
- Work with regulators and other agencies interfacing with business to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Demonstrate how the private sector can contribute to public sector efficiency through the better use of technology, more effective public procurement processes and increased use of a range of external delivery models
- Review the effectiveness and efficiency of the Croke Park Agreement in delivering world-class services.
Read Ibec's publication - Action plan for recovery - 50 ideas to drive growth
Read Ibec's publication - Unlocking Domestic Demand
Join the conversation - Ibec LinkedIn Group - Driving Ireland's Recovery
Watch videos from the launch of Driving Ireland's Recovery campaign and associated media coverage on the Ibec You Tube Channel - Driving Ireland's Recovery